It is corn season and it is freshly picked. This is my daughter’s recipe and one of my favourites. Once you make this recipe you will never eat corn any other way.
8 corn cobs, pick fresh bright green husks at your local market or pick the best one you can get at the supermarket.
Butter Sauce For The Corn
- 125 gr of salted butter
- 200gr fresh and slightly salted Feta cheese
- 2 red chillies, sliced with seeds if you want the sauce to be spicy or take the seeds out for less heat
- Juice of two limes
- Cook your corn over a medium-hot BBQ but avoid placing the corn directly over the fire. Cook the corn for about 20 to 25 minutes turning them a few times. Let them burn a little.
- Once they are done remove them from the grill and then dip them in the warm flavoured butter.
Now, onto the butter sauce…
- Put the butter and chillies in a large pan over a medium heat. Let the mixture boil and then crumble the Feta cheese and add the lime juice. Turn the heat off. Dip each corn cob in the butter. Let the corn soak in the butter.
- Serve one cob to each of your guests and drizzle some of the butter mixture on top.
- Let your corn brown and get some smoke in it. This will give lots flavour to the corn when it is dipped it in the flavoured butter.
- At the supermarkets the corn normally comes in packages of two. To make sure that the corn is fresh I use my finger nails. If my finger nail goes inside the corn kernel straight through and milky juice comes out they are just perfect. Please do not tell anybody in your supermarket … I do not think they will be very happy!