This puff pastry tart is a light lunch dish served with a salad. It can also be served as a snack with drinks, red wine complements it very well.
- 375g packet of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 4 tablespoons tapenade
- 4 medium size tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves (or pickled garlic) thinly sliced
- 12 good quality black olives. Pitted and cut in half
- Small tin or jar of anchovy fillets
- 15 basil leaves, or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Roll the pastry and place on a baking dish.
- Spread the base with tapenade.
- Arrange the tomatoes (overlapping them), the garlic, olives, anchovy fillets and basil leaves on top. Drizzle with olive oil. Push up the edges to form a lip.
4. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
5. Let it stand for 5 minutes and then cut and serve.
- Do not put any salt, the tapenade and anchovies are already very salty.
- Do not worry if the pastry looks a bit black, it is the tapenade’s colour when it is cooked.
- Change fresh basil for fresh oregano, or thyme. You can also use dried herbs if fresh are not available.